ADA ADA symbol

This website cannot be viewed properly using this version of Internet Explorer.

To ensure your security while viewing this site, please use a modern browser such as Chrome or update to a newer version of Internet Explorer.

Download Chrome (Made by Google)
Update Internet Explorer (Made by Microsoft)

ADR: Paths to Settlement

Resolución Alternativa de Disputas: Vías a la conciliación

Frequently Asked Questions

What if the other party does not abide by the agreement?

Most times, people follow through on their Mediated Agreements. If the Mediated Agreement is not followed, a party may, within five (5) years of the Dismissal, file a Motion for Judgment and Statement of Non-Compliance, together with a copy of the Mediated Agreement with the Court.

The Court will reopen the case. The other party (who has not followed the Agreement) will have fifteen (15) days (after service of the Motion) to respond and request that a hearing be set before the assigned Judge. If the party does not respond or request a hearing, the Court may enter a Judgment against the party who did not follow the Agreement without holding a hearing.

back to list